Forward Operating Base Konduz 5 MW Power Plant | Afghanistan
Forward Operating Base Konduz is located in central Konduz province, outside Konduz City in northeastern Afghanistan.
To support base operations and enable the removal of expensive spot generation, the U.S. government needed a centralized power plant in Konduz.
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers contracted Louis Berger to support the base. Louis Berger delivered a turnkey solution that included:
- A 4.8 MW installed, 60 Hertz plant with five DFLE 1500 gensets, expandable to 7.7 MW.
- Containerized four, 160-volt common bus and switchgear servicing a three-feeder, underground primary distribution system (combined total length of 3,000 meters).
- 17 substations providing 120/208-volt service.
- A 30,000-gallon fuel storage and supply system for five days continuous operation.
- 24/7 operations and maintenance of the plant.